Vista installation errors RRS feed

• Question

• I have been a Windows beta tester for quite some time.  I have never had many problems with any of the betas until Vista came along.  After receiving the product key from MS I proceeded to download and burn to DVD.  Everything went perfectly smooth until I started to install.

I have an Averatec 6200 series notebook.  1.8 Ghz processor with 736 megs ram.  Rather fast and smooth running laptop.

After about a half dozen attempts to install vista it kept giving me error after error and locking up the system.  After many hours of research I was finally able to install Vista.  When the system rebooted to finalize installation the good ole' blue screen of death came up with a memory dump.  After researching more, I realized it could be a device error.  So I proceeded to physically remove the wireless adaptor and any USB device connected to the system.  Once again tried to re-install Windows.  Same problem.  It won't finalize the installation.  Although I am able to get to the safe mode screen, it won't let me finish the installation.

If anyone has any ideas please help.  The upgrade advisor says this system is compatible for Vista Business.  How can I or could I report bug errors with out the system actually installing correctly?

Thanks

Friday, January 26, 2007 7:11 PM

Answers

• Fristly, congrats for obtaining Windows Vista Product Key, I was unlucky not to join Windows Vista Beta Program, so I never get a key for RTM copy.

Windows Vista RTM has removed many drivers were on beta versions for unknown issues, so you get this blue screen of death as driver is not recognized by windows, unfortunately, you can't check which hardware caused this because you can't remove or replace notebook parts.

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:22 PM

All replies

• can you paste the windows upgrade advisor report here.

As per my knowledge Vista business requires at least 1GB ram + what were the error messages and blue screen error code?

If the GPU uses shared memory, then no additional graphics memory is required beyond the 1 GB system memory requirement; If the GPU uses dedicated memory then 128MB is required.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:19 PM
  • Hi!

Sounds to me like there is a driver problem that is causing this...

If the problem was to little ram, wouldnt it just be terrebly slow?

Cheers:)
    Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:24 AM
  • Fristly, congrats for obtaining Windows Vista Product Key, I was unlucky not to join Windows Vista Beta Program, so I never get a key for RTM copy.

Windows Vista RTM has removed many drivers were on beta versions for unknown issues, so you get this blue screen of death as driver is not recognized by windows, unfortunately, you can't check which hardware caused this because you can't remove or replace notebook parts.

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:22 PM