Spellcheck not working in replies Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• If I hit reply to an email in 2010 then try to correct my spelling mistakes. They are highlighted by the usualy wavy underlining but when I right click on them my signatures come up not the spelling correction . Have had this problem for many many years and never found the answer. One answer about putting -- in my signature didn't work.
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Welcome to our forum.
    What's the version of your Outlook 2010? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>> They are highlighted by the usually wavy underlining but when I right click on them my signatures come up not the spelling correction.

I conducted the same tests as you in Outlook 2010 and got the result like below.

It seems there might be something wrong with your automatic spell check and auto correct feature. In order to conduct further researches on your issue, please try the following suggestions to troubleshot:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. Change the default language in Outlook may cause issues like this. Please check your language settings and see if the issue has any difference.
    3. If the issue continues, please try repairing your Office installation.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 5, 2020 3:02 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:14 AM
  • Have only just spotted this as I didn't get an email. can it be set to receive them?

Version is 14.0.7252.50000 (32-bit)

As this issue has gone on 10 years I have certainly tried repair before but will do so again and the language which I wouldn't set other than English (UK)

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:21 PM