none
Where can I find "Task modified by ?" in Project RRS feed

• Question

• Fellow users/project app usage leaders,

My team is looking into measuring how often % of work being modified and by whom. Our DBA couldn't find a field to retrieve the modified by column which is a little bit strange.

Tips, suggestion is much appreciated. I googled around and learned that such thing is absent in Project, how could that be?

Regards,

NLuu

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:16 PM

Answers

• NLuu --

Thanks for your follow up question.  Like I said in my previous reply, if the team member is entering the progress in PWA using the Tasks page, the approval history by the project manager will be showing on the History page of the Approval Center.  If the progress is manually entered by the progress manager directly in the Microsoft Project schedule, there is no record of who entered the progress and when they entered it.  I do not work for Microsoft and have no insight into why Microsoft designed the tool the way it works.  If you would like make a suggestion to Microsoft about adding this feature to the software, enter your suggestion at the following URL:

https://microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums/218133-microsoft-project

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by NLuu Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:45 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:32 PM

All replies

• NLuu --

I believe the best way to determine who updated a task is to view the History page of the Approval Center in PWA.  This information is NOT displayed in Microsoft Project.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:59 PM
  • Dale,

If the scheduler acts as resources the history will show it was the resources who updated it and not the schedulers.  If the scheduler goes over with resource over the project and updates the % in the project then publish, will it show in the history that the scheduler the one who updates it?   

I am thinking like Sharepoint, who modifies it last info, that is.  Is this possible?  If not then why not.  Why can't MS offers such feature.

Regards,

NLuu

Thursday, January 31, 2019 5:21 PM
  • NLuu --

Thanks for your follow up question.  Like I said in my previous reply, if the team member is entering the progress in PWA using the Tasks page, the approval history by the project manager will be showing on the History page of the Approval Center.  If the progress is manually entered by the progress manager directly in the Microsoft Project schedule, there is no record of who entered the progress and when they entered it.  I do not work for Microsoft and have no insight into why Microsoft designed the tool the way it works.  If you would like make a suggestion to Microsoft about adding this feature to the software, enter your suggestion at the following URL:

https://microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums/218133-microsoft-project

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by NLuu Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:45 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:32 PM