none
RealTek Audio Driver not loading on latitude 7350 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey can someone give me some insight here?  I have a Dell Latitude 7350-being imaged with Windows 8.1 from MDT.  The problem is that the Audio driver will not install.  I can manually install it but MDT wont do it. 

Thoughts?

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:11 PM

All replies

• Is the driver present in your out-of-box drivers pool? Do you post-install the driver as an application?

If not, try to post-install the driver as an application, and create a condition on that step, that the step may only be executed in case it's running on a Latitude E7350.

Sometimes it can occur that drivers aren't installed rightaway, or need to be installed post-installation for them to become active, then this is a good workaround.

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:44 AM
  • Hello usgrcm.

Additionally to said by Hollanders, Rens,

if driver is suitable, present in Out-of-Box Drivers, Deployment Share is updated (i.e. regenerated), new boot image replaced on WDS server, task Inject Drivers is enabled in Task Sequence, should not be a problem.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:50 PM
  • In Dell latitude 7350 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-latitude-13-2-in-1-7350-late-2014-manual&po=152101&lang=English i found following cases with you can fix issue installing audio drivers:
    1.  Update Drivers Using Driver Agent Plus- his is by far the easiest method of updating and checking drivers. You can download and use the Drive Agent Plus software, and allow it to update/check for drivers. This software will run on your system, and whenever there is an outdated driver, it will update the driver by itself.
    2. Use the Add legacy hardware option in Device Manager- This method is applicable only when Sound, video and game controllers is missing from Device Manager.
    3. Remove the drivers, and let Windows install its own
    4. Disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:33 AM