none
In Timesheet >> Add Row >> Add a new Task is not appearing ! RRS feed

• Question

• As it appear in the image below , i cannot add a new Task unless it is a non-project line a personal or existing one

kindly advise what is the issue

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:33 AM

All replies

• Alaa - the Timesheet is not an interface where a user can add new tasks for a project, an individuals task list may provide that opportunity if this option has not been disabled by the Administrator.

As a rule I prefer to prevent users from adding new tasks to their task lists - if a new activity is needed in a project I would recommend that there is dialog between the team member and project manager to add the new activity to a plan. 

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

You should more options in the timesheet/add row button:

Did you activated the Single Entry Mode? In case you didn't, it could be the expected behavior since, as Dominic said, it would rather be in the task update to add assignments.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Alaa --

Looks like your Project Online application administrator has disabled a permission so that users cannot create new tasks on either the Timesheet page or Tasks page in PWA.  You might want to reach out to your application administrator to confirm that this is the cause of the problem.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, June 29, 2018 7:15 PM