Issues with the windows when i create a new "Standard or Administrator" account, can't minimize or expand the windows. RRS feed

• Question

• When i create another account (Standard or Administrator), this new one do not allow to minimize or expand the windows, and the only thing that i can do is close the window doing right click over the icon in the task bar. This issue is the same for all the programs.

the only way that i can fix this is going to "start task manager/performance/Resource Monitor", next i have to join my administrator password to make this run.

I'm using windows 7 RC.

Can you help me? i like this OS too much.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:45 PM

Answers

• Well, i download the copy of windows 7 direct from microsoft.

It's is strange, because i install the beta version and this allow me to create another account without a problem.

I'm going to stay waiting until the original version.

Thanks for everything, bless.
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:44 PM

All replies

• Something may be corrupt in the Default Profile folders. An 'In Place Upgrade' done by running the setup again, would probably not fix it. You have probably upgraded the system from Vista, and the profile was already corrupt.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:58 PM
  • No man, i made a clean install of windows 7 RC.

This must be something by default not fixed by the creators, i think that i have to install the beta version and install the patch until the original release.

Thanks for everything bro.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:06 AM
  • I'm having the same issue on two separate installations. Both we're clean installs. The only way I've been able to fix it is to switch to a differnt desktop theme, although it's only a temporary fix.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to patch this?
    Friday, May 22, 2009 10:44 AM
  • No, no patch. You probably have some driver problem with your video or other hardware. The success with other themes indicates that, ot that you have a bad copy of the download of Win 7.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 3:20 PM
  • Well, i download the copy of windows 7 direct from microsoft.

It's is strange, because i install the beta version and this allow me to create another account without a problem.

I'm going to stay waiting until the original version.

Thanks for everything, bless.
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:44 PM
  • I'm having the same problem, downloaded  windows 7 from micrsoft. Every time I create a new user  they can't close or minimize opened windows.  Right click over the icon in the task bar is the only way to minimize or close that window. Its a real pain.
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 11:16 PM