Project Server 2010 Timesheet Adjustment with Single Entry Mode on RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2010 configured with Single Entry Mode (SEM). The issue is that once an admin updates a users timesheet using the Timesheet Adjustment functionality, this does not update that Task in the tasks page with the adjusted actual work value from the timesheet. As SEM is enabled there is no option to import the updated timesheet in the tasks page.

I would expect the updated actual work from the timesheet to be automatically imported into the users tasks page in SEM but this does not appear to be the case. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have also experienced this before with no known work around, it would be interesting to hear how people have got around this limitation and if anyone has logged this issue to Microsoft before?

Paul

Paul Mather
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:21 PM
  • The way to support this is to reject the timesheet or line item, have the resource recall and resubmit the timesheet. The Timesheet submission event sends the update to the project. Using timesheet adjustment is intended to adjust the timesheet records only. Your other choice is to have the adjuster communicate the changes to the PM for manual update.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:17 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Thanks for the response.

I understand the process that you’re proposing, but how would this be done if the timesheet has already been accepted and the resource is not available (long term sick, holiday, etc.). It seems to me that there has been a slight oversight in developing single entry mode that makes adjustment of actual work overly complicated.

I guess one resolution could be to take advantage of the Delegates feature to essentially ‘become’ the user and adjust their tasks/timesheet yourself. Do you see any issues with this approach?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Delegation would certainly work. Otherwise manual adjustments are necessary.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Monday, May 23, 2011 1:19 PM