none
Can Azure be used maliciously? - Like completely taking over another persons identity, and using it as his own? RRS feed

• Question

•   I have been hacked for the last 6 months, just recently regaining use of 1 of my 3 new computers I have HAD to buy within these 6 month periods. All 3 have been slowly, and finally taken over by the same guy, and my ISP does nothing except think I'm nuts. I see my mouse pointer move by itself to my settings app. and I can't stop it. I get the Microsoft shield like the one in their virus app, put on ALL app click spots, and I can not open them. i.e. changing user accounts, device manager, printers, bluetooth, screen projection, 3d settings, location, etc., etc., rendering my PC his, no longer mine. If I do click on most files I get an 'administrator refuses access' message, and I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR. I have a whole team of private techs scratching their heads not knowing what to do, after paying them $300 for a 1 year service contract. I suspect this started in onenote, and the cloud, because I never set it up, but somebody did with my user name, password, picture, and ALL of my personal info, and then proceeded to send messages, that looks exactly as ME on facebook, instagram, and twitter. ALL OF WHICH I AM UNABLE TO SIGN INTO BECAUSE THE PASSWORDS HAVE CHANGED. This so called 'man' has caused me 2 relationships, because he also stole my personal pics, and used them in his, but looking like my, posts. I have no idea except when a friend or potential girlfriend calls and screams "why did you post and say something like that about me", then hangs up before I can find out what it is "I" supposedly said. Nobody can find out what the f*#$ is going on. Does ANYONE have any ideas or suggestions what to do?? I used to be pretty good at techie stuff, but reading up on what can be done with updates of win10, it reads like a birthing, make that a spawning ground for hackers who use this new technology for just plain evil things to hurt and destroy lives, and steel personal stuff and $'s from unknowing baby boomers not really interested in keeping up with the ever changing capabilities of technology, that changes almost weekly. I mean own a pc for less than a year and it's outdated????

I remember using Basic on my IBM 1024 MB desktop, with the very first Pentium processor, and I was walking in tall cotton, with my 3, yes 3, floppy disks to install win 3.1, and I could play realistic looking billiards. This computer now has a terabit hard drive, and a 16 gig RAM, 8 gig processor, a little improvement in the realistics of the game now....just felt like throwing that out to give away my age...So any of you youngsters have any advice for this old dude?   Carey Gallagher (the real one)

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hi  Carey Gallagher,

For PC issue, we could update system to the latest version through Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update. Then perform a full scan with Windows Defender. If the issue persists, try to disconnect network and perform a reset to remove all potential risk. We could choose "keep your personal data" when reset PC.

For your facebook, instagram, and twitter issue, I recommend to ask for those websites support team for help to check if it is available to find the logon location and IP address, or lock those accounts temporarily. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 29, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi  Carey Gallagher,

Any update?

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 5, 2019 8:15 AM