none
running console application using batchfile RRS feed

• Question

• I have created console application with method name "display" it simply displays the string "hello world". I want to create a batch file to run this console application.  any help?

thnks in advance

regards, paul
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:17 AM

Answers

• Paul,

You've posted in a forum about the product "Microsoft Project".  You'll be minded to re-post in a forum covering the tool you used to make this program.

--rms www.rmschneider.com
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:40 AM

All replies

• Paul,

You've posted in a forum about the product "Microsoft Project".  You'll be minded to re-post in a forum covering the tool you used to make this program.

--rms www.rmschneider.com
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:40 AM
  • I have created console application with method name "display" it simply displays the string "hello world". I want to create a batch file to run this console application.  any help?

thnks in advance

regards, paul

Note that we use this proces in production on a large Project servers farm. At the begining  I was using a batch so handle basic checks (presence of input files, good execution...); finally we just schedule directly the console app with the windows scheduler, and we monitor them with HP Open View console (we have a team dedicated to monitor it, and apply some procedures in case of failure).

Good luck

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:00 AM
  • ok . how would u schedule a console appln in windows task scheduler?

regards, paul
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:19 AM
  • yes you should: just 2 hints:

> Do not forgetin Windows Scheduler > Task Property > Setting tab to check the "stop the task if it run..." with a decent time: if your console needs a physical click to terminate, it it the only way to not keep it mounted in memory forever :)

>Use an admin account: Task Scheduler does not accept (depending version of OS you use) to launch a task if it does not have sufficient rights...

Good luck !

Jeff

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:32 AM
  • Is it possible to schedule a console aplln . if yes , how ?

regards, paul
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:39 AM