none
Unable to see the newly SQL Server Analysis Service database RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Gurus,

I have to face a problem that you will probably solve quickly. But instead of trying several options without succes I prefer being idiot and ask the experts.

I work on a stand alone system with PerformancePoint server, SQL server and all the needed softwares correctly installed. On this system I can see the AdventureWorks demo without any problem.

Now my goal is to get familiar with the steps to implement a new dashboard. I created a database and try to create a datasource in the dashboard designer to create a full dashboard. I can see on my server the other samples of database when I create the datasource but the new one I have just created.

Can anyone give me a clue or an idea where to dig in to solve that dummy issue ?

Thanks

PY

Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:37 PM

Answers

• PY,

By the sounds of things the problem is your Application Pool identity account. It probably does not have the required access to your newly created cube. Hopefully the contents of this post will help resolve things.

Cheers,

Nick

Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:54 PM

All replies

• PY,

By the sounds of things the problem is your Application Pool identity account. It probably does not have the required access to your newly created cube. Hopefully the contents of this post will help resolve things.

Cheers,

Nick

Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:54 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Are you always connected and when do you sleep ? ;-)

By the way, thanks for your reply. I have already seen your post and blog. But I am not sure this is the problem as I have created the database connected with the same user that created the templates for AdventureWorks....

So I do not understand, why the performance point server can see some databases and not others ? On the SQL server, we have a lot of databases created but only some of them are in the list when I try to create the Datasource in the dashboard designer, I am wondering if there is a parameter I should check at the database level to tell the system to "publish" it to Performance point ??

I will try your option tomorrow, but if you had another idea it would be very helpful.

Thanks again abd have a good evening if you are in USA

PY

Monday, March 17, 2008 2:18 AM
  • Hi PY,

Yes, I definitely do sleep, just at a different time; I'm in Australia Smile

I'd be pretty sure the issue is related to the level of DB access your App Pool identity account has. the first thing you should do is get into IIS and check out what account is being used. Make sure it is that account that is given the appropriate access to the OLAP DBs.

Cheers,

Nick

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:56 AM