Skype for Business 2016 Will not run after Office 365 (2016) deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

After installing the newst office product Skype for business will not run. I get a splash screen and then it disappears. I have seen that others have had this issue but none of the fixes that I have seen thus far work. Before installing the new office package skype for business worked fine.

I am running on Windows 7 Pro 32 bit version.

Any help would be appreciated.

A

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hi NetSupplp,

Please go to the event viewer to see if there is some error message about Skype for Business.

You could go to the task manager to see if there is a process of the skype for business, if so, try to end up the process and then reopen have a try.

Also try to repair SFB program and then test again.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, June 3, 2016 7:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:44 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 9:17 AM

All replies

• Have you tried to update audio and gfx driver?

Did you try to clean old Skype profile under C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync, reboot and see if issue still occurs?

Replace user1 with your account.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Friday, June 3, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi NetSupplp,

Please go to the event viewer to see if there is some error message about Skype for Business.

You could go to the task manager to see if there is a process of the skype for business, if so, try to end up the process and then reopen have a try.

Also try to repair SFB program and then test again.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:44 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 9:17 AM