Sectionwise digital signature in word doc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im preparing a document which has Table of contents and multiple sections under that which will be uploaded and available in document library for review (MOSS 2007 and Office 2007). There are different reviewers for each section. Lets say technical solution is reviewed and approved by an architect, infrastructure details are reviewed and approved by an admin, pricing is reviewed and approved by finance. All these sections are available inside a single word document. I want to have a solution in which each section can be reviewed and for approval of that section a digital signature can be included for that section alone independently. Editing other section should not invalidate the approved section's digital signature. As i can see now is if once a digital signature is applied, the document becomes read only and if the second reviewer tries to change any section and approve by his digital signature, the previous digital signature gets invalidated.

I believe the same functionality is available in Infopath where in section wise approval can be achieved. I want to implement the similar functionality with word document uploaded in SharePoint Document Library. I checked the collect signatures workflow, but it also doesnt allow sectionwise approval with edit functionality.

Please suggest me an approach to achieve this funtionality.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajmahesh

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:53 AM Never ask SP 2010 questions in SP 2007 posts. Removed
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:44 AM

All replies

• You might try building a webpart page wherein each individual section has a 'target audience'

Within each section on this webpart page, develop a workflow that is dependent on list statuses that do what you need them to do.

Look for a digitial sig custom part or using something OOTB.

http://esignspdocuments.codeplex.com/

Brandon James SharePoint Developer/Administrator
    Monday, November 7, 2011 7:26 PM