none
Remote Desktop Printing problems RRS feed

• Question

• We are having an issue printing with RDC.  We have the office PC setup with the clients printer driver that she uses at home and it is set at default.  But when she tries to print using the driver, it prints to a totally different printer at the office. I have been over both PCs and I do not see any red flags.
    This was working fine for months and all of a sudden it starts having this issue.  No changes have been made.  Her RDC properties are correct.  The printing box is checked.
    Any Ideas?

Errol Williams
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:45 PM

Answers

• Well since is 2 days ago. are you able to performed a windows systems restore ? basically sys restore will not affect your data. basically only changes on the C:\windows <files> so i believe there might be chance to restored to the previous printer drivers :)

boot to safe mode.

start run > msconfig > ensure there is no virus processes sitting on that machine > if there is any proceed with clean up first then sys restore > :)

start run > program files > accessories > system tools > systems restore :)

Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!!
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Friday, April 15, 2011 4:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:29 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hey Pyronaut :)

possible to check the ip address of the printers were set correctly ? click start > device & printers > right click on the printers > select properties > click on ports > scroll down to the tcp/ip printing and verified if you are able to ping the printer ?

I understand that it has been fine for months ? Have you recently installed any new network equipments ? possible to post the settings here for us to help you :D

Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!!
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Hey Guowen, Thanks for the reply!

The only thing is that the client updated the driver on her home computer. But she said she did that about two days before it stopped working.  Also her work computer had viruses that were stopped by McAffe, but all seemed fine.

Thanks again!
    This place is great! I should have joined years ago....

Errol Williams
    • Unproposed as answer by Soh.M Friday, April 15, 2011 4:59 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Well since is 2 days ago. are you able to performed a windows systems restore ? basically sys restore will not affect your data. basically only changes on the C:\windows <files> so i believe there might be chance to restored to the previous printer drivers :)

boot to safe mode.

start run > msconfig > ensure there is no virus processes sitting on that machine > if there is any proceed with clean up first then sys restore > :)

start run > program files > accessories > system tools > systems restore :)

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:29 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 4:59 AM