none
Resource Unique Calendard Not Reflected in Task Time RRS feed

  • Question

  • The standard working calendar for UK resources is 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday. There are a few members of the UK team that work slightly different hours.

    1) Ana – only works 4 days a week
    2) Nicola – only works 22.5 hours a week
    3) Deborah – works 5 days in 4 days (Mon-Tues: 9.25 each AND Wed-Thurs: 9.5 each with Friday off)

    For each resource above we have updated their working time via the Change Working Time option in Resource Information →Work Weeks → Details.  Note the standard UK project calendar has been changed to 37.5 hours per week and the Schedule information updated accordingly too.

    For the above resources a 5 day task (37.5 hours) would take…

    1) Ana – if starting on Monday would take until the following Monday to complete as she doesn’t work on Fridays
    2) Nicola – if starting on Monday would take until the following Wednesday to complete as she only works 22.5 hours a week
    3) Deborah – if starting on Monday would take until Thursday to complete as she does 5 days work in 4 days

    As shown below, in Project Pro this works fine for Nicola and Ana. However, for Deborah we are always seeing a shortfall of 1.25 on the first day, regardless of what the task’s first day is.
     

    Instead of Deborah being able to complete a 5 day task in 4 days there is always 1.25 rolling over into the next day. Why does the first day always have 1.25 hours less than expected? Is there another constraint/setting within project we need to change?

    Thanks
    John
    PS can I post a screen capture?

    Monday, January 30, 2017 7:45 PM

Answers

  • Hi John,

    After some pretty complicated scenarios, the only question you ask seems pretty simple.  I suggest that you change the Date format option (in Project Options, General) to one that shows the time of day. Then check the morning starting time of Deborah's calendar against the Start Date of the Project (on the Project Information window).  I imagine the starting time of her first day is being pushed out by the project constraint. 

    Good luck, tom

    • Marked as answer by John Murphy 36 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:36 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:19 PM

All replies

  • Hi John,

    After some pretty complicated scenarios, the only question you ask seems pretty simple.  I suggest that you change the Date format option (in Project Options, General) to one that shows the time of day. Then check the morning starting time of Deborah's calendar against the Start Date of the Project (on the Project Information window).  I imagine the starting time of her first day is being pushed out by the project constraint. 

    Good luck, tom

    • Marked as answer by John Murphy 36 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:36 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Tom,

    You were correct!  I change the start time  on the Start Date of the project to be before Deb's start time and Deb's time is not being displayed correctly!

    Thanks

    John

    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 6:52 PM