none
How to Manage Contacts in the FIM Portal ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have followed the article to Import/Export Contact in MIM/FIM Portal.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34178.fim-2010-mim-2016-managing-contacts-in-the-portal.aspx 

But, might be some steps are missing in this article because <g class="gr_ gr_222 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="222" id="222">still</g> I am not able to do the same.

Can someone please help or do we have any other process to SYNC contacts also from <g class="gr_ gr_485 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="485" id="485"><g class="gr_ gr_484 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="484" id="484">AD</g> ?</g>

I cannot create contact, as it is showing Access Denied. 

---------------

Error processing your request: The operation was rejected because of access control policies. Reason: The operation failed as a result of insufficient access rights. Attributes: DisplayName,ObjectType Correlation Id: a3defc1b-b11d-4d9e-b7ee-b7ab8d0b0026 Details: No policy grants the Requestor permission to complete all changes.

---------------

Regards,

Amol

Regards, Amol Patil

• Edited by Amol S Patil Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:16 PM some corections
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:16 PM

Answers

• Amol-

I suspect you are missing an MPR that grants the sync engine access to create/update/delete contacts in the MIM Service. If you have that already, I the two listed attributes are probably missing from it. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Marked as answer by Amol S Patil Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:25 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:25 PM

All replies

• Amol-

I suspect you are missing an MPR that grants the sync engine access to create/update/delete contacts in the MIM Service. If you have that already, I the two listed attributes are probably missing from it. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Marked as answer by Amol S Patil Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:25 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:25 PM
  • Yes, it was my bad. I had created two Resource types and did miss match.

Now corrected. 

Thanks for the hint :)

Regards, Amol Patil

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:27 AM
  • Hi Amol.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.  If you find errors in my TechNet article, feel free to correct or add anything you feel would be helpful to others.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:16 AM