none
No help file and when updated doc? RRS feed

• Question

• When installing MDT2013U1 I'm getting no help file "Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Documentation Library.chm" in the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Bin" like in earlier versions, is it by design or a bug? What’s the plan for the updated documentation for MDT2013U1?

Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:16 PM

All replies

• Known issue, I believe:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/msdeployment/archive/2015/08/25/mdt-2013-update-1-release-notes-and-known-issues.aspx

TechNet documentation is not updated

The MDT product documentation published on TechNet is current as of MDT 2013; it has not yet been updated for MDT 2013 Update 1.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:31 PM
  • What’s the time plan for release of the updated doc?

Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:34 PM
  • Not too sure really.  All the OP stated was:

"The list of known issues below provides a number of workarounds that are currently available to help unblock affected customers. We will revise the list as needed. Given the number of issues with this build we will release a newer build of MDT 2013 Update 1 in the next several weeks to address as many of these issues as we can. Watch this blog for more information."

That was back on 08/25, so hopefully it is soon; but I wouldn't hold your breath for it... :)

Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:02 PM