errors every 5 minutes in sharepoint services - event id 2424 windows share point services 3 search RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

this is the error im getting every 5 minutes

The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.

Context: Application 'Search', Catalog 'index file on the search server Search'

can someone help me out?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Common factors contributing to Event ID 2424:

• The SharePoint environment uses multiple domain service accounts to manage SharePoint services.
    • Kerberos authentication is being used.
    • The WSS/MOSS updates previously mentioned have been applied and/or SharePoint SP1 has been applied.
    • Log into Central Administration > Operations > Services on Server > click on Windows SharePoint Services Help Search.
    • You should now be in Configure Windows SharePoint Services Search Service Settings on server XXXXXX.
      • Update the "Service Account" to be the same account as the "Content Access Account".
      • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click OK. You can see just above the OK button the Indexing Schedule; by default, this is set to every 5 minutes which is why the application event log had an Event ID 2424 every 5 minutes.
    • I haven't taken the time to investigate whether you should just reset IIS or reboot the server once you've updated that account. In my case, I just rebooted the server.

You can reboot the server, the SharePoint Services Search error with Event ID 2424 would be disappear.

• Edited by KRISHANA KUMAR Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:20 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:44 AM