office 2007 installation with SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS office 2007 Pro. With SP2 Slipstreamed with the installation.

The problem is  that windows update is not detecting the install SP and trying to install SP1 from Windows Update. This issue is only solved if I install the office and then install the SP2 redistribute file.

Any help in this issue.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:33 AM

Answers

• I think your slipstream may be no good, so use the original and suffer the download/install wait.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Whatever I need a new web server, the old IBM 300GL has a 137GB disk limit, for my chess site as the hard disk finally bit the dust. The Windows box is a RaidMax Smilodon chassis, Asus M2NBP-VM CSM motherboard, AMD 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, ATI x600, 320GB storage with 160GB for backups, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Signature Edition. Works with Virtual PC RC fine with 32-bit guests.
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:22 PM

All replies

• I'll try and post the result
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:02 AM
  • Agree with Vegan, this issue should be a corrupt install package.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:43 AM
  • Dears Robinson and Vigan..
     I took you advice and tested in every way possible I tried to install the SP2 after installing the office and I still having the issue and about the slipstreaming I've done it based on Microsoft steps and I'm sure that it’s not corrupted. Please help the windows update still installing the SP1 then the SP2 on an already SP2 version. I’m currently using windows 7 but the issue is the same with windows Vista and XP.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:17 PM
  • dear Vegan..
    I'll be thankfull if you can provide me with the installation file because I didn't find it in the download site of my VL site, and I have a valid VL key because my company is a member in the software assuranc.
    thanks in advance
    Monday, March 1, 2010 6:34 AM
  • I'm the one with the hat Bro...
    I'm wondering why there is no office 2007 with SP2 in the volume license subscriber site ??

Ok it is necessary to install service pack 1 then service pack 2 ?? or the SP2 contains the previews one too

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 7:50 PM