Url error in search crawl RRS feed

• Question

• I have a recurring error in my search crawl that I'm having trouble pinning down.

The error reads:

"http://portal.domain.comhttp://portal.domain.com/sites/sitename/_layouts/userdisp.apsx?ID=
    The Content Plugin received a "Format Error" response from the backend server for the item.
    ( Expecting port in URL as number[0])"

As you can see the root url is duplicated somehow, and this error seems to scroll through for every user ID.

There is a redirect at the root site point to a new site under the "sites" managed path.

I have tried excluding the url path for crawls, but it hasn't made a difference.

• Edited by monkeymaj1k Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:58 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I hope after excluding the url from the crawler you have performed Index reset and then again did full crawl. 

If not, please do an index reset and full crawl the error should not come up again if you have excluded the url.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by monkeymaj1k Monday, June 22, 2015 4:04 AM
    Friday, May 29, 2015 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Reema, do an index reset and full crawl.

If the issue still exists, I would like to collect the following information:

Please offer a screenshot about Start Addresses of your content source.

How do you accomplish that redirect at the root site point to a new site under the "sites" managed path?

Which url path have you excluded?

I hope for your reply back.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by monkeymaj1k Monday, June 22, 2015 4:04 AM
    Friday, May 29, 2015 9:17 AM
  • Url has been excluded and the index has been reset a few times now.

May be related, we have duplicates of all items appearing in search results as well.

Monday, June 22, 2015 4:05 AM
  • Did you ever fix this problem? I'm having the exact same issue and I can't pinpoint it.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:10 AM