none
BMR and System State Replica is Inconsistent DPM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

DPM 2012 causing an error while performing consistency check, 

When i figured out the error and detailed it on targeted system in Windows Server Backup

targeted system is ADC (Additional Domain Controller)

when i click on error it show's me as follows,

Local Disk (C:) One of the backup file could not be created. Detail Error: There is not enough space of the disk.

After checking in event viewer,

Event ID 517 - The backup operation that started at '‎2013‎-‎05‎-‎09T12:13:10.716322200Z' has failed with following error code '2155348010' (One of the backup files could not be created.). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

There is lots of space on, Backup Server & targeted server.....

Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can run msinfo32 - MSInfo32 will identify the 4k native drive in Components/Storage/Disks with a Bytes/Sector = 4096

To test BMR backup outside of DPM, try this command:

1) Set up a network share on a remote machine \\server\bmrshare  (make sure that share is not on a volume that has >512 byte sector side)

2) From an administrative command prompt on the PS, type:

wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\bmrshare

This should show you the list of volumes included in the BMR backup and ask "Do you want to start the backup operation?. - Type Y to continue..

When it completes, check the size of the backup under the BMRSHARE so you can ensure that the DPM replica is indeed large enough to hold it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Jagdish Salvi Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:01 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The issue is the target volume has 4K sector disks and Windows Server 2008 does not support .vhd files on any disks with greater than 512 byte sector disks. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Hello Mike,

What I can do further to resolve the above problem, I checked on the backup server for targeted volume sector disk, but not able to find it, it's dedicated for backup only when i check in disk management drive shows as Disk 1 another drive are OK..

Friday, May 10, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

You can run msinfo32 - MSInfo32 will identify the 4k native drive in Components/Storage/Disks with a Bytes/Sector = 4096

To test BMR backup outside of DPM, try this command:

1) Set up a network share on a remote machine \\server\bmrshare  (make sure that share is not on a volume that has >512 byte sector side)

2) From an administrative command prompt on the PS, type:

wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\bmrshare

This should show you the list of volumes included in the BMR backup and ask "Do you want to start the backup operation?. - Type Y to continue..

When it completes, check the size of the backup under the BMRSHARE so you can ensure that the DPM replica is indeed large enough to hold it.

• Marked as answer by Jagdish Salvi Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:01 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Hello Mike,

The problem is resolved there was a disk space issue with DPM Server.

I followed above to check size of backup it was near about 70gb and I allocated 40gb for storage device after modifying the size of storage it's resolved..

Thank Mike...

Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:04 AM