none
Adding computer to domain returns error network path not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I am having an issue with adding a computer to my domain and with no logon servers available. The dns primary zone domain.local disappeared last week. I don't know how but it did. I created a new primary zone and voila everything appeared to be working and resolving as it should until today. I now noticed that I cannot log onto any computer that does not have my cached credentials and adding a computer to the domain does not work. I need help being pointed where to look. What I have tried is listed below.

Swapping NIC cards. NO change

checked nslookup ad and nslookup _ldap._msdcs.dc._domain.local and received resolution of both domain controllers.

I have tried rebuilding that primary zone twice now and each time I get the same result. Is there something I am missing between The Primary zone domain.local and _msdcs.domain.local that I am missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:01 PM

Answers

• I am beyond embarrassed. It was my AVG cloudcare that was causing the issue. It will receive permissions from the centrally managed cloud service and cause issues resetting to firewall and av on. I uninstalled it and on the off chance that this was happening and I wasn't noticing it and sure enough there it was it joined instantly. I was searching for a deeper problem because the DNS was acting up last week. I apologize to anyone who reads this looking for a better answer. Just take my word for it uninstall the antivirus and firewall to be on the safe side.

Thanks
    Matt

• Marked as answer by MattSpotts Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:34 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:34 PM

All replies

• I am beyond embarrassed. It was my AVG cloudcare that was causing the issue. It will receive permissions from the centrally managed cloud service and cause issues resetting to firewall and av on. I uninstalled it and on the off chance that this was happening and I wasn't noticing it and sure enough there it was it joined instantly. I was searching for a deeper problem because the DNS was acting up last week. I apologize to anyone who reads this looking for a better answer. Just take my word for it uninstall the antivirus and firewall to be on the safe side.

Thanks
    Matt

• Marked as answer by MattSpotts Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:34 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:34 PM
  • Hi MattSpotts,

Glad to see you have found the cause and thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:45 AM