none
Hyper-V and DPM RRS feed

• Question

• We are running a cluster of Hyper-V servers all running Server 2012 R2, for our protection we are using Hyper-V replication from our data centre over a VPN connection to our offsite location. Also we run DPM 2016 as a nightly backup.

I have 2 issues that i'm guessing both will be the same solution.

The setup of most of the VM's are small little RDS Farms, 1. File Server, 1. Broker, 2 X TS's. no data on the TS's, all stored on the File Server. I have also moved the paging file off the vhdx file and onto its own and excluded from replication.

Replication seems to be very high, I would expect replication on file servers to be higher but we are seeing high loads on TS's. 

Does anyone have a tool to track what is changing on a VM so that we change if possible.

The 2nd issue is similar. DPM is backing up the VM's, again I would expect to see high changes on the file servers however on the TS's we shouldn't be seeing much. Currently as an example I'm seeing a daily change on a TS of between 20 - 30GB. I can't believe that this much data is changing on a TS.

Any suggestions from anyone

Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:06 PM

All replies

• You won't get much feedback here, this forum is for Virtual Server 2005.

You should repost in the Hyper-V forum here: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/threads

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:35 PM
  • Thanks

Friday, March 3, 2017 8:10 AM