0X80070052 revisited RRS feed

• Question

• I've read all the relevant posts for this issue and am still stymied. I've got a USB stick which i have mp3 files on for use with my car's stereo. If you put a folder in the stereo can't read the files to play. Any ideas on solving this part of the old issue. Thanx
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, December 10, 2010 1:08 AM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Monday, December 6, 2010 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please let me know the detailed symptom of the issue. When and how did the issue occurs?

Regarding the error code , it means “ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE” which states that the directory or file cannot be created.

You may take the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Please boot the computer in Clean Boot to test this issue.

2. If the issue persists, please format the USB stick both in NTFS and FAT32 to test the results.

3. Please check if other files (the sizes are more smaller) can be saved to the USB stick and played by the stereo.

We can also test the issue in Safe Mode. We can keep pressing F8 to access Safe Mode when starting the computer on most computers. However, some computers have its special method to enter Safe Mode. You can look up the computer manual or contact your computer manufacturer to obtain the information about how to enter Safe Mode.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 13, 2010 7:37 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:33 AM