none
Purchase RRS feed

• Question

• I just wanted to clarify a couple of items to purchase HIS.

HIS 2013 is available for purchase?  All I seem to notice are "Released to Manufacturers".

To purchase HIS without purchasing Biztalk, I would purchase Biztalk branch software?

HIS 2013 will not operate on Server 2008 - it must be Server 2008R2. Is that correct?

Thanks

Mark

mhaddy

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:37 PM

Answers

• HIS 2013 is available as a supplemental license to BizTalk Server 2013. You need to license the BizTalk Server 2013 Edition that will match the usage scenario for your HIS solution. If HIS 2013 will be installed in a branch office or in a Spoke (in a hub and spoke model), then the Branch Edition is the one to license. If the HIS solution is in a centralized location to provide an "Enterprise" solution, then you are looking at Standard or Enterprise Editions depending on the specific scenario. This really needs to be discussed with your licensing experts as there isn't a black and white answer to this (unfortunately).

HIS 2013 is supported on the following operating systems:

• Microsoft Windows® 8.1
    • Microsoft Windows 8
    • Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
    • Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 R2
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2012
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
    • Virtualization with Hyper-V®
    • Virtualization with Windows Azure™

This information is included in the HIS 2013 Installation Guide, which is available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39951.

Also, check out the Host Integration Server Developer Center for a lists of resources and links for HIS.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by mark1846 Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:46 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 7:33 PM