none
Defined Value in Custom Field / Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Want some custom fields in project server 2013 in which data must be entered as unique or described value like below mentioned.

Custom Field is PROJECT ID: ABC-14-05

How can i achieve this?? That field must accept alpha numeric data and in specific format.

Please suggest.

REGARDS DANISH DANIE

Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Danie,

Using Jscript, you could refer to the link Sachin gives you above.

Using the native "project name" field, it is design by default that this project name field must be unique. Thus if someone enter a value that is already existing, he'll be prompted that a project with the same name already exist. But as I said, the inconvenience will be that you'll not be able to set a specific format to the project ID if you're using the native "proejct name" field without jscript due to the fact that it is a free text field.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

• Marked as answer by Danish.M Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:24 PM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't worked on this solution yet.

But I think you can achieve by using JavaScript on the PDP page in the content Editor Webpart to Create/load the alpha numeric unique value in the "Project ID" custom field.

Hope this helps you.

Warm Regards Badal Ratra

Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Agree with Badal ,

You can follow this post  it might help you.

Thanks and let me know in case have any queries.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Indeed using Jscript in a PDP might be the solution.

Another solution would be to use the field "project name" for your project ID. Then it will be unique, but with no specific format. The inconvenience of this approach is that you'll have the project ID showing up in all pages in place of the project name (timesheets, PDP...).

Hope this helps.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 2:12 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume Rouyre,

How could i make this field as unique?? Like my Project ID field.

Thanks

REGARDS DANISH DANIE

Friday, January 10, 2014 5:11 AM
  • Hi Danie,

Using Jscript, you could refer to the link Sachin gives you above.

Using the native "project name" field, it is design by default that this project name field must be unique. Thus if someone enter a value that is already existing, he'll be prompted that a project with the same name already exist. But as I said, the inconvenience will be that you'll not be able to set a specific format to the project ID if you're using the native "proejct name" field without jscript due to the fact that it is a free text field.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Danish.M Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:24 PM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 2:01 PM