Shared Mailbox as account with view sync issues RRS feed

• Question

• Dear community,

Not so long ago we disabled automapping for a few of our shared mailboxes, so we could add them as separate accounts. This action was done on very large databases and it brought us some stability improvements together with extra functionality.

This change however great, now gives us troubles in the area of syncing of view preferences between multiple users of that shared mailbox. If one user sets his preferences his way, the other user will get it synced and applied in less than an hour, the same applies the other way around. At this point we have users bothering each other by setting their preferences and having them overwritten.

I've had contact with a Microsoft employee who told me that they don't support this way of adding shared mailboxes and they couldn't do anything to assist me with this issue.

My question at this point is: Is there a way to disable this syncing of view preferences or at least force a view per person, so that we don't have sync conflicts between users.

I previously wrote this question on the Microsoft Community board and got redirected to this forum, because he thought that you might be able to solve this issue with GPO settings. (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10/shared-mailbox-as-account-with-view-sync-issues/3d23bb70-ae0c-445d-9109-f890ddbf5f28)

I would greatly appreciate any help in this area

Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:46 AM

All replies

• My question at this point is: Is there a way to disable this syncing of view preferences or at least force a view per person, so that we don't have sync conflicts between users.

Hi Eastw,

No, there is no setting to disable the View Setting sync in this mailbox. 

The View Settings is saved within the mailbox, when uses setup the shared mailbox in Outlook client, the view setting changes in the mailbox would be synced to all clients automatically. It is by design.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:53 AM