Check effective group permissions – along with site URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Is there any way of pulling all AD/ Domino groups added to SharePoint farm/ site collection along with their URL (where they are permissioned)? This farm is changing authentication from LDAP to AD and we’re in need of identifying all those Notes groups added in SharePoint so that same can be recreated in AD.

I can query the UserInfo table to find these external groups but NOT the permissions. At least I need the subsite URL where groups are added so that I can contact the site owners if they had list level permissions assigned.

I tried with SharePoint Administration Toolkit v4 – it does not tell where these groups were added. Is there any SQL query anyone familiar with to get groups along with their permisions and URL?

This is a MOSS 2007 farm with August 2010 CU using SQL 2008 R2 at the backend.

Many thanks in advanced!
    BlueSky2010
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 23, 2011 2:40 PM No need to shout in titles
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use Security Report account functionality that is available with admin toolkit.

You can check effective permission of a group in entire site and at individual lists as well.

Refer this:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14227

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:42 PM
  • Rahul,

As mentioned in my OP I did try the MS Admin Toolkit - problem with this though it shows you permission at the object level (one at a time). So basically you will have to run the "Check effective permission" against all objects for ALL GROUPS. Check this out. Which is virtually impossible in my situation.

So I was hoping for a SQL query if anyone is aware of.

Thank you for your feedback anyway!

BlueSky2010
    • Edited by BlueSky2010 Friday, September 23, 2011 7:37 PM added link
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:36 PM