Multiple Site Owners RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a site called Departments.I am site owners of this site right now so that i can add users to group.I have 4 other members who are also memebers in site owners group.Rather than me nobody can add users to a site as i am site onwer.My question is  how can i add multiple names as site owners for my site so  they can also add users to site  along with me?
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Follow the steps to enable the members to add users to the Site Owner Group,

Step 1: Go to Site Action --> Site Settings --> People and Groups --> Select the group name on which the owners to be added

Step 2: Naviate to the "Menu Settings" --> "Group Settings"

Specify the "group owner name" in the Owner section. This can also refer the self group name so that any member of the particvular group can add any other members in that group.

Thanks

Deepak S

Thanks Deepak S

• Marked as answer by adk11 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:35 PM
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 5:04 AM

All replies

• Are you also directly added to the site with Full Control besides being a part of the owners group? If that is the case please verify the permission of the owner group from Group settings.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

Many Ways:

1. you can add them as site collection administrator so they will have all the rights within a site. (Site action-->site settings-->site collection..)

2. you can add them in site owner group (this group has full rights by default) (site action-->Site settings-->people and groups)

3. You can also add user to site manually and give them full rights.

Make sure that once you give the full control access the they can do everything within site as you do. So you need to believe them before giving this right

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

• Proposed as answer by Paras Sanghani Monday, October 22, 2012 11:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by adk11 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:35 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 10:51 AM
  • Hi,

Follow the steps to enable the members to add users to the Site Owner Group,

Step 1: Go to Site Action --> Site Settings --> People and Groups --> Select the group name on which the owners to be added

Step 2: Naviate to the "Menu Settings" --> "Group Settings"

Specify the "group owner name" in the Owner section. This can also refer the self group name so that any member of the particvular group can add any other members in that group.

Thanks

Deepak S

Thanks Deepak S

• Marked as answer by adk11 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:35 PM
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 5:04 AM