none
Unable to Install SCOM 2007 R2:-WaitForSDKServiceStart: Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI,

I am trying to install RMS with SCOM 2007 R2. it fails some times with the log entry as SCP object exists, I go into ADSIEDIT and delete the entry , reboot and try installing again, Then i see the below error in install log. and finally it rolls back

2011-03-24T13:43:20.0314208-04:00 Error: WaitForSDKServiceStart: Error: The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.,

Stack:    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.HandleIndigoExceptions(Exception ex)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateChannel(TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer..ctor(DuplexChannelFactory`1 channelFactory, TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier, IClientDataAccess callback, CacheMode cacheMode)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateEndpoint(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings, IClientDataAccess clientCallback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.Connect(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup..ctor(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup.Connect(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)

at Microsoft.MOMv3.Setup.MOMv3ManagedCAs.WaitForSDKServiceStart(Session session)

2011-03-24T13:43:20.0470458-04:00 Debug:

And finally the roll back action. 

I checked SPN (All fine), 

Checked group policy and disabled it as in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811833

Also Disabled Antivirus program, Deleted SCP object in DC.

It couldnt help me, I am stuck at the point.

Regards

Chandan

Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:46 PM

Answers

• there was issue with performence counter. I had to rebuild the performance counter on the server and that resolved the issue. 

Closing thread

============================================================ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please verify the account your sql server services running and the account you chose for the sdk account. Please check if the SDKConfig account is in Domain member group.

Also refer to the following article to configre and verify SPN:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2007/12/13/system-center-operations-manager-sdk-service-failed-to-register-an-spn.aspx

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Vivian,

Yes SPN seems to be all fine and the SDK account has access to create the SPN. I confirm that the SDK config is a domain member as well.

SQL service is running with domain account and is local admin on SQL server.

-Chandan

============================================================ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Look at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922918. Your service probably takes too much time to start. Change the registry setting, reboot and retry.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:06 AM
  • This was already tried and didnt give any new result.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:31 AM
  • Hello Chandan,

Have you tried to manually remove or rename the services, and add the services manually again?

Hope this can do the trick for you.

Ben

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:54 AM
  • Its just a new installation, At the moment, the service is created and not started and fails the install. After roll back, every thing goes off. What did you mean my manually adding the service?

Chandan

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:39 AM
  • there was issue with performence counter. I had to rebuild the performance counter on the server and that resolved the issue. 

Closing thread

Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Hi,
    As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.
    In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.
    Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:43 PM