none
Easy way to setting the rates of cost resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have nearly 1000 tasks and all has their own "cost resources".  I cannot set the rates for all resources for all tasks.

Is there any way to set them from  an excel file? I can do it for work resources and material resources by copy paste to the std.rate column, unfortunately there is no column for "cost resources".

Thank you

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:19 PM

Answers

• selcukz --

Well, either way you would have to do a lot of typing.  If you have 1000 tasks, each of which has one or more Cost resources assigned, you have to specify a Cost value for the Cost resource's task assignment on each task.  You can do this in the Resource Usage view with the Cost table applied.  With the proper view and table applied, you can see all of the task assignments for the Cost resource, and then enter the estimated Cost for each task for the Cost Resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:29 PM
  • If you had the task id and cost resource name in excel then you could of course use VBA to do the job.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:55 PM

All replies

• selcukz --

Well, either way you would have to do a lot of typing.  If you have 1000 tasks, each of which has one or more Cost resources assigned, you have to specify a Cost value for the Cost resource's task assignment on each task.  You can do this in the Resource Usage view with the Cost table applied.  With the proper view and table applied, you can see all of the task assignments for the Cost resource, and then enter the estimated Cost for each task for the Cost Resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:29 PM
  • If you had the task id and cost resource name in excel then you could of course use VBA to do the job.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:55 PM
  • thank you Mr. Dale

you always lighting my way

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:37 AM