MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i hope that someone can help with a question i have?

we have an implemented MOSS Site that is used by many.  when uploading a new file, there is a requirement to select a "Tag" from a drop down list.  These tags enable the users to filter documents in the same document library based upon what they have selected.

on my site we have many document libraries in order to store certain types of data, however those different types of data may have the same "Tag"

we are seeking a solution to enable the end user to find all documents that relate to a specific tag, no matter where they are stored within the file Plan.

OPTION 1:

Is to manually create a page that is named as per the TAG and to then manually Hyperlink every document with the same tag.

OPTION 2:

MOSS 2007 has a neat little trick that will enable me to search the entire site collection for all files that have the same TAG assigned to it.

Does anybody know of a way for MOSS 2007 to facilitate OPTION 2 as clearly this would be my platinum option and save many hour work.  or indeed does anyone know of any other options that may facilitate what i am seeking to achieve?

Thank you in advance for you help and time

regards

Arran

Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• I have some questions for you.

Is this "tag" a custom field? Is this field the same field in all libraries? Is the field indexed and mapped to a managed property?

Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:27 PM
  • Jason,

The field is a custom column that is "Required" when uploading files and yes will be the same field in all libraries.

as for index and mapped?  good question.  as we are a very large organisation, our Administrators (myself being one) do not quite have the full administration as if you were installing from scratch from the box.  we can do most things but it really is a bit of trial and error to soo what we can and cant do.

not really helpful on the last bit i  know, but hope we can still achieve something?

Arran

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:59 AM