windows7 not responding RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased a DELL laptop in last month...and I installed Windows 7 Home Basic operating system...!

It shows me much time as" Not Responding "..and I can't work with this problem..in my laptop ?  What can I do to solve this probblem....?

Monday, July 26, 2010 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may update the BIOS and the other hardware drivers for Windows 7 to improve the system stability first.

After that, I also would like to suggest you narrow down the possible causes in Clean Boot.

If the issue persists, would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")

Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=a1a332fb-cae1-49cc-8b68-adec6326fe5f

Password: dHqD!niSVUHkT

Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken.  Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.

System Information

========================

1. Click “Start”, type in “msinfo32” (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and then press Enter.

2. Choose “Save” from the File menu and save it as an NFO file.

3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

4. Send the compressed file to us.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:25 AM

All replies

• You can put more info about the error, what program you use, and when the error appear?
    Monday, July 26, 2010 11:34 AM
  • OK, did you purchase it new? If so, I have the following questions for clarification:

1. You say that you " installed Windows 7 Home Basic operating system...!". What version of Windows came with it?

2. Your Dell is under warranty. Have you contacted Dell technical support for a solution to the problem with the new computer? They should be your first point of contact for solutions, and if necessary, repair or replacement of your computer under terms of the warranty.

Monday, July 26, 2010 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

You may update the BIOS and the other hardware drivers for Windows 7 to improve the system stability first.

After that, I also would like to suggest you narrow down the possible causes in Clean Boot.

If the issue persists, would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")

Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=a1a332fb-cae1-49cc-8b68-adec6326fe5f

Password: dHqD!niSVUHkT

Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken.  Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.

System Information

========================

1. Click “Start”, type in “msinfo32” (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and then press Enter.

2. Choose “Save” from the File menu and save it as an NFO file.

3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

4. Send the compressed file to us.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:25 AM
  • my contribution following this thread is the following:

you all seem to have a SATA configuration sometimes on multiboot systems and the Windows 7 RC 64 bit editions.

There is lots of talking going on about these issues, performance as well as boot up/shut down on the Technet Forums relating to Windows 7.

I suggest you all join that forum to have a better view on what's going on with Sata and 64 bit.

Sorry, I don't have a bookmark to it, but just visit Technet, Forums, Windows 7 and browse over there, there seems to be some solutions already there......
    It's a little more advanced in user experience but please join that central point.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:39 AM