locked
[E2010] Installing TA on cluster servers RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello.

     

    I am trying to install a transport agent on 2 exchange servers that are in cluster.

    While the installation on one of them worked without problems, on the second one i am getting errors

    Write-Output "Registering Agent"
    Install-TransportAgent -Name "<TA>" -AssemblyPath <Path> -TransportAgentFactory <TAF>
    
    Starting a command on remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM Shell client cannot process the
     request. The shell handle passed to the WSMan Shell function is not valid. The shell handle is valid only when WSManCr
    eateShell function completes successfully. Change the request including a valid shell handle and try again. For more in
    formation, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (System.Manageme...pressionSyncJob:PSInvokeExpressionSyncJob) [], PSRe
       motingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure
    
    Enabling Agent
    
    Enable-TransportAgent -Identity "<TA>"
    Get-Transportagent -Identity "<TA>"
    
    
    Starting a command on remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM Shell client cannot process the
     request. The shell handle passed to the WSMan Shell function is not valid. The shell handle is valid only when WSManCr
    eateShell function completes successfully. Change the request including a valid shell handle and try again. For more in
    formation, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (System.Manageme...pressionSyncJob:PSInvokeExpressionSyncJob) [], PSRe
       motingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure


    I found a topic with the given error saying that EMC, EMS and OWA didn't worked, but it is not the case for me, as i tested them.

    At this moment i am out of ideas and any help is much appreciated

     

    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:19 PM

Answers

  • Hi guys.

     

    After a long "talk" with the admin, i've convinced him to do a restart to the server.

    After the restart, the installer worked like a charm.

     

    Thank you for your support guys.

     

    Florin

    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

  • do you get any errors in the event logs?
    Sukh
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:06 PM
  • If you install it from an elevated prompt, does it work then?

     

    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:30 PM
  • Hello,

     

    The issue may occur if the debug trace enabled for AD Provider--> ClientThrottlingState  in Extra.

     

    You can disabled Debug trace by:

     

    1. Click Start -> Run -> extra.exe and click OK.

    2. Click Go to the Welcome screen, and then click Select a Task.

    3. Click Trace Control, and click OK to the prompt.

    4. Click Set manual trace tags.

    5. On the next page, click ADProvider under Components to Trace, and uncheck ClientThrottlingState under Trace Tags. or Alternatively, after step 4 above, simply uncheck the "Debug" trace type.

    6. Click Start Tracing, then Stop tracing now.

    7. Click Exit.

     

    Thanks,

    Simon

    Monday, October 3, 2011 6:36 AM
    Moderator
  • Thank you for your reply guys.

     

    I will try and run your advices as soon as the server admin allows me. I will update this topic with the results.

     

    Thanks

     

    Florin

    Monday, October 3, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Hi guys.

     

    After a long "talk" with the admin, i've convinced him to do a restart to the server.

    After the restart, the installer worked like a charm.

     

    Thank you for your support guys.

     

    Florin

    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:02 AM