Installing Windows Embedded POSReady in Virtual PC 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Need some help from the experts here. I am wondering if it is possible to install Windows Embedded POSReady in Virtual PC 2007 and what prerequisites would be required. From looking online I have seen it done with XPe and Embedded Standard but there's not much information about doing this with Embedded POSReady 2009. Basically once the OS is installed, I keep encountering the 0x07B stop error. I have searched online but could not arrive at a conclusive reason why the installation would be failing (is it a driver or hard disk error). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:18 PM

Answers

• Noah,

Is your question regarding POSReady 2009 or POSReady 7?  It is unclear from your original message since you are mentioning both.  While Virtual PC is a great testing environment and we use it internally quite a bit, this is not a supported scenario for either version of POSReady.

Again, regarding POSReady 7, please report your feedback through the Connect forum rather than the public forum which is for currently released products.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Terry Warwick Microsoft
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:14 AM

All replies

• It should just install. What settings do you have for the hard drive?

There is also the free Virtualbox that works better than Virtual PC.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Just in case, make sure you pickup the 32 bit dvd and not the 64 bit one. I just installed POSReady 7 in Virtual PC and it works fine.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:55 PM
  • Noah,

Is your question regarding POSReady 2009 or POSReady 7?  It is unclear from your original message since you are mentioning both.  While Virtual PC is a great testing environment and we use it internally quite a bit, this is not a supported scenario for either version of POSReady.

Again, regarding POSReady 7, please report your feedback through the Connect forum rather than the public forum which is for currently released products.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Terry Warwick Microsoft
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:14 AM
  • Outch! I added confusion instead of bringing some light here. First, i was not the one asking the question. Second, when i read the first line, the POSReady version was not specified and I missed the 2009 hint further down. So, talking about success with POSReady 7 here was off topic.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:08 PM