none
Establishing a Trust Relationship RRS feed

• Question

• I know that this problem has been kicked around on this forum and I am dealing with it now trying to set up my company's server.

I was able to connect my computer to the server - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, but I cannot connect any other computers using Windows XP Home Service Pack 3.

When the connector is installed it states"

"This computer is unable to establish a trust relationship with the server. Verify that the computer's date and time are accurate and try again"

I have tried changing machine keys, uninstalling Virus scans, turning off firewall, and of course checking the date/time/timezones and nothing seems to work.

I am using the trial version for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and as of right now am not too happy with it if I cannot even connect more than computer to it.

Does anyone know if a fix or workaround was ever completely figured out?

Friday, January 6, 2012 3:04 PM

Answers

• I don't know what other posts you're referring to. Windows Home versions are not able to join domains so it is not a fault of the SBS E. Upgrade those Home version workstations to a Professional version which can join a domain.

Steve

<JPReliable> wrote in message news:60c58ce2-0cb4-4cfa-9cde-4ab362694ebc@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I know that this problem has been kicked around on this forum and I am dealing with it now trying to set up my company's server.

I was able to connect my computer to the server - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, but I cannot connect any other computers using Windows XP Home Service Pack 3.

"This computer is unable to establish a trust relationship with the server. Verify that the computer's date and time are accurate and try again"

I have tried changing machine keys, uninstalling Virus scans, turning off firewall, and of course checking the date/time/timezones and nothing seems to work.

I am using the trial version for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and as of right now am not too happy with it if I cannot even connect more than computer to it.

• Marked as answer by JPReliable Friday, January 6, 2012 7:41 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 4:13 PM

All replies

• I don't know what other posts you're referring to. Windows Home versions are not able to join domains so it is not a fault of the SBS E. Upgrade those Home version workstations to a Professional version which can join a domain.

Steve

<JPReliable> wrote in message news:60c58ce2-0cb4-4cfa-9cde-4ab362694ebc@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I know that this problem has been kicked around on this forum and I am dealing with it now trying to set up my company's server.

• Marked as answer by JPReliable Friday, January 6, 2012 7:41 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Steve thank you so much for the speedy reply. That is exactly my problem then. I connected another computer today and it was Professional. - thank you again.
    Friday, January 6, 2012 7:41 PM