Phantom Shockwave Ver 10 blocking Win 7 Install RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to upgrade my daughters HP DV6-1063TX Entertainment PC Laptop from Windows Vista(up to date Service Packs) to Windows 7. I have run Windows upgrade advisor which tell me I can install Windows 7 but that there is one issue. It reports Adobe Shockwave Version 10.2.0.023 and says an update is available. I have tried removing the program with Windows and with the standalone Adobe Uninstaller I have installed the update to version 11.5 but the upgrade advisor resolutely insists that this programme is still on the machine. Two attempts to upgrade to Windows 7 have rund all the way throiugh and then failed at the last moment after several hours. It would be helpful if the upgrade advisor could point to where the programme reference exists but it doesn't.

I have uninstalled all the Adobe software, run CCLeaner but all to no avail. As my daughter is a student I would prefer to retain as much of here existing setup as possible as it will take hours to re-install her software (after hours spent installing W7).

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can find this rogue reference to Adobe Shockwave V10 and remove it so that I can upgrade this machine to Windows 7.
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:17 AM

All replies

• My apologies this should have been posted in the Windows 7 Installation, Setup & Development Forum Is it possible to move or do I need to re-post?
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:54 AM