Joining Filters for Get-ADComputer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  <o:p></o:p>

I am trying to get a query to remove all computers from a group where extensionAttribute1 which is populated with a date is less than 1 day, <o:p></o:p>

I have the query below, however
    it returning an error, (also below) I am sure it is because of the
    ',
    but despite a lot of effort an am unable to get it to work. And help would be
    appreciated. Hopefully just a minor correction and it will do what I want
    <o:p></o:p>

Get-ADComputer -Filter {'samaccountname -like "Computername*"' "-and" 'MemberOf  -eq "SecurityGroup"'} -properties extensionAttribute1 |? { ((Get-Date-UFormat "%d / %m / %Y") - $_.extensionAttribute1).Days -ge 1} | remove-ADPrincipalGroupMembership -MemberOf "SecurityGroup"

+ Get-ADComputer -Filter {'samaccountname -like "Computername*"' "-and" 'MemberOf  ...

+                                                                ~~~~~~

Unexpected token '"-and"' in expression or statement.

At line:1 char:71

+ Get-ADComputer -Filter {'samaccountname -like "Computername*"' "-and" 'MemberOf  ...

+                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~

Unexpected token ''MemberOf  -eq "SecurityGroup"'' in expression or statement.

+ CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:11 PM

Answers

• You quote the operators and property names, so they are not recognized. Try:

-Filter {samaccountname -like "Computername*" -and MemberOf  -eq "SecurityGroup"'}

Also, memberOf is DN syntax, so the value must be the full distinguished name of the group.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by MSP, Saturday, June 9, 2018 10:11 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:24 PM

All replies

• "extensionAttributes" are strings and not date objects.

"Get-Date-UFormat "%d / %m / %Y")" is a string.  You cannot do date arithmetic with strings.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:20 PM
  • You quote the operators and property names, so they are not recognized. Try:

-Filter {samaccountname -like "Computername*" -and MemberOf  -eq "SecurityGroup"'}

Also, memberOf is DN syntax, so the value must be the full distinguished name of the group.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by MSP, Saturday, June 9, 2018 10:11 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:24 PM
  • So if extensionAttributes are not in date formats how can I store a date for a computer object that  do date arithmetic against.,

Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:42 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for the help

I managed to resolve the date issue using [DateTime]($_.extensionAttribute1), (although this uses US date format, which is annoying but can be managed as users do not see the data.

and

-Filter {samaccountname -like "Computername*" -and MemberOf  -eq "SecurityGroup"'}  worked, and allowed the query to resolve.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:34 AM