none
Sharepoint 2013 farm upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want upgrade our Sharepoint farm to April 2017 to April 2018.

The farm is composed form multiple servers (10 application servers and 4 SQL servers).

After i install the KB on each application server i need to run the wizzard on that server ? Or i can install the KB on each server and run the wizzard at the end ?

Also when the KB is installed on the server which is the impact on that server, i`m refering to the availability on the sites ?

Thank you for your time !

Marius.

Friday, April 12, 2019 10:59 AM

All replies

• This CU includes all SharePoint 2013 fixes (including all SharePoint 2013 security fixes) so you it necessary to run SharePoint Configuration Wizard. This particular CU includes and updates several features of SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server , its mandatory to run this for the successful upgrade

Why we run SharePoint Configuration Wizard

• SharePoint Configuration Wizard updates the database schema to the latest version
    • SharePoint Configuration Wizard fixes security settings on the file system to match what SharePoint needs
    • SharePoint Configuration Wizard copies required binaries from the install location into the _app_bin directories of the web applications
    • SharePoint Configuration Wizard updates features registrations with SharePoint
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:28 AM