none
Seagate 1tb external hard drive not showing up on computer.

Question

• Hello, sorry if this potentially is in the wrong section. New to this website. 

But I come here asking for some suggestions or a step by step process on getting my external hard drive working on my pc again. 

It was working before, but I decided to plug it into my xbox one console usb port in order to download a game and play which it configured the external hard drive. When I attempted to plug it into my laptop usb port it no longer showed up under devices with removable storage. I did a little bit of research and found my way to device managers to see if the computer even recognized the usb. Turns out it does recognized it but for some reason it would not show up on the laptop. So as of right now I cannot access the files inside of it at all. The light is always on and I can hear the fan run inside the external hard drive, also it still works with my xbox one to play the games I downloaded in it so I know it still works. I am lead to believe that when the xbox one configured it, it changed the settings so now it isn't compatible with my laptop.

Is there anyway to reset the settings on it or re-configure it so I may have access to the files on my external hard drive through my laptop? Thank you for reading! 

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:46 PM