none
Sync global address book between two Exchange Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are trying to test Forefront Identity Manager that possible to sync Distrubution Group and Contact List between two Exchange Online.

Can any one able to provide some information or is it possible to do it ?

thanks

Keith

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• You could check out the Windows Azure Active Directory Connector for FIM 2010 R2 but if it is like the Office 365 Connector that has been available only to/through Microsoft Partners, you will only be able to install one instance of it and so you could only connect to one tenant.

You might also consider Soren's PowerShell MA.  I know some have posted about its utility in licensing but this situation is a bit different as you would have to extract all the group memberships in PowerShell and I don't know if anyone has done that yet.

A very untidy but also possible solution would be to set up DirSync on two separate servers, each connecting to an on-premise Active Directory.  I haven't tried anything like that, and I'm not sure how well it would play.  They might each need their own AD with a FIM instance synchronizing between them. 

I sometimes come up with the difficult solutions first.  :-)  Hopefully I've overlooked something really obvious and someone else can come along and put you on the right path.

Chris

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:35 PM
  • I had thought the same thing about creating multiple WAAD connectors. Since the GA it works the same as every other connector, so you can connect to multiple tenants. So you could look at going down that path. 
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:53 AM