Any way to Export the hierarchy list of Products and which ones are selected? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to export a list of products that would look similiar to the GUI and show them in a hierarchy structure and which ones are selected and which ones aren't?  I want to run something on a couple of our domains so I can easily compare the settings between them and document our standards without having to take 15 screenshots of all the pages in the GUI.

I know I can run get-wsusproduct to get a list but it doesn't show me which ones are selected or the hierarchy.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi kelemvor33,

According to your description, you want to export the hierarchy structure for products which are selected. Basic WSUS settings cannot meet your requirement. During my search, I also didn't find a way or script to do so.

I think you need an engineer to write a specific script for you to achieve this goal.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi kelemvor33,

According to your description, you want to export the hierarchy structure for products which are selected. Basic WSUS settings cannot meet your requirement. During my search, I also didn't find a way or script to do so.

I think you need an engineer to write a specific script for you to achieve this goal.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:15 AM
  • maybe this?

https://poshwsus.codeplex.com/

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:52 AM