The SharePoint Timer Service service terminated unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• When I was Changed my Admin user password and restart a server,get error("The SharePoint Timer Service service terminated unexpectedly")in event viewer and event id is 7034 and 7024 continues throws every two minutes

Mention possibilities I already checked in

• I changed my password from service account and logon information

• This user is beside in local Pc Admin group

• I was tried configure another admin user to timer service

• Changed Admin user permission for APP ID HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID{61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1} for services and give admin to full access

But all this thing can't help me..and this error stuck my work and failed my timer job in share point server, Any thing which helped me please reply. 

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:22 AM

All replies

• the timer service owstimer is running under farm account. Have you changed the password of you farm account? If yes have you used the following procedure:

On the server that hosts the Central Administration website, type the following line at the command prompt, and then press Enter:

stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin DomainName\UserName -password NewPassword
    On all other servers in the server farm, type the following line at the command prompt, and then press Enter:

stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin DomainName\UserName -password NewPassword -local

Additional info:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/934838

MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:59 AM
  • I already update password through powershell command "stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin domain\account -password password " this command but problem remain same @bogdan
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 11:55 AM