Block access to an Outlook 2007 folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Running Exchange 2010 SP1 and Outlook 2007 SP2. We have a shared mailbox named Sales which about 5 people have access to. This mailbox has several folders, both within the Inbox and also under the root. I would like to block access to one of these folders to other users. So far, everyone has been given access using FULL MAILBOX access via the GUI. Is this possible? I can't get PFDAV Admin to work in our environment, so preferably not that :)
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:02 PM

Answers

• I don't think you are going to have much joy with this one.  If you give a user full access at the mailbox level they have access to everything in the mailbox.  Even if you add the user to a specific folder with a permission level of none they will still have full access.  However, if you create a group for the five people and then give that group access to all of the folders within the mailbox except the one you want to keep private, and then remove their full mailbox access you will block them from the folder.  (You could also give each of the users access to each folder; but, using a group makes it easier to change who has access to the individual folders within the mailbox without having to open the mailbox again.)
    TBrennan
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, January 16, 2012 2:31 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 12:10 AM