Targeting an Override RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Forum,

I have a question to clarify how to set an Override to the correct target. Situation is the following. On Exchange servers there is a service called MSEchangeNotificationBroker. This service starts and then stops after a while (what not is a failure) but an alert is generated when SCOM checks the service with the appropriate Monitor.

If i want to disable the Monitor, i have different options:

My question is now if i target the Override (I want to disable the Monitor) for the object: MSExchangeNotificationBroker does that mean that only this service is not longer monitored or would the focus be on all "computers where the object MSExchangeNotificationBroker is present", what would mean all Exchange servers. Then I would disable the Monitor who checks all Exchange services for all Exchange servers what would be bad.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Udo

News from Forum

Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:09 PM

Answers

• Yep this monitor is a bit stupid, I've faced this issue at different customers.

What I did was to create a group that contains objects of class "Exchange 2013 Windows Service" where name equals MSExchangeNotificationBroker, and then created the override against that group

Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:21 PM

All replies

• Yep this monitor is a bit stupid, I've faced this issue at different customers.

What I did was to create a group that contains objects of class "Exchange 2013 Windows Service" where name equals MSExchangeNotificationBroker, and then created the override against that group

Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:21 PM
  • CyrAz's is the correct answer. Create a group with dynamic members and filter as he said, then override the monitor to disable it fora group, and select the created group.

Be sure to create the group in the same override management pack as the override so the can get deleted more easily together.

Friday, March 22, 2019 12:23 PM