Auto Attendant messages RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way that it would read the message that we write.  I guess I am talking about text to speech messages.  We do not want to record messages as wav files, but we are not happy with default "thank you for calling Microsoft Exchange...." message.

Thank you.

Thank you. Eric.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:04 PM

Answers

• If you do not want to record wav files or rerecord them through the telephone, you will probably need to use UM AA and type in text what you would want the system to say.

• Marked as answer by KPABA Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:09 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:32 PM

All replies

• If you do not want to record wav files or rerecord them through the telephone, you will probably need to use UM AA and type in text what you would want the system to say.

• Marked as answer by KPABA Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:09 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:32 PM
  • Yes, but there is a problem.  There is no place to type the message in the AA (or I cannot find it).  All I can do either select to use default message or upload the wav file.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you.

Thank you. Eric.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:42 PM
  • In the UM AA Features tab you can have text in the Business name field and the system will say something like "thank you for calling.....business field text" Then for your options it will say whatever is in the description of your key mapping options.
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Got it, thank you.  I hoped that I could create custom message instead of that "thank you for calling.....business field text".

Any way to do this?

Thank you.

Thank you. Eric.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:51 PM
  • That's as much as you can do with text.  You can record a wav file for the AA like you can with the UM Dial Plan greetings.
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:06 PM