none
Project 2003 to 2007 migration - project publication fails RRS feed

• Question

• I am migrating our ProjectServer2003 database to ProjectServer 2007.  The Enterprise Global, admin settings, users, views, security, etc appears to load fine.  When it starts to load individual projects I receive a publish error:  "ERROR: Publish of project <project name> failed with error 80004005." 

I can query the projects in the ProjectServer_Draft database, but can't get them to publish to the projectServer_Published database.

I have tried this multiple times (restoring databases back to before migration each time) loading multiple and single projects at a time.  Same error everytime.  The account I am using to migrate is sysadmin on all databases and is an administrator on the server.

Here is the log file error message:

Time to execute CUgrader::UpgradeWorkerThread(): 0 ms

Publishing project Integration.Published

Error while executing soap method QueuePublish: faultcode: server

Error while executing soap method QueuePublish: faultstring: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralSecurityAccessDenied Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information as Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebService.WinProj.QueuePublish(Guid jobUid, Guid projectUid, Boolean fullPublish, String WssURL)

Error while executing soap method QueuePublish: faultdetail: <detail><errinfo><general><class name ="Project"><error id="20010" name="GeneralSecurityAccessDenied" uid="648d54b3-ceec-4fdd-ba3e-d9ff94a5b899"/></class></general></errinfo></detail>

ERROR: Publish of project Integration.Publlished failed with error 80004005

• Edited by Erin. _ Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:40 PM

All replies

• Above error message indicates access denied. Could you please provide more details about your 2007 farm.

Are you using Single server for database and Application?

Did you try publishing project plan using Project Professional?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 6:12 PM
  • The database is a seperate server from the application.  The migration account I am using has administrator rights on both servers.  It is a sysadmin on the SQL instance.

I have not tried publishing project plan using Project Professional.

Monday, September 10, 2012 2:49 PM
  • What is the patch level of Project server 2007?

Try to publish the plan through project pro and check the status.

Make the Project workspace provision mode to manual and check the status. PWA-->Server settings-->Projectworkspace provisioning settings

Ensure the PWA site collection is not locked. (In central admin, check the site collection lock status)

Are you using same account everywhere? (just to double check the permission part)

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Publishing with Professional worked.  As long as you don't have a lot to publish.
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:47 AM