none
Push Notification Timout RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with the app notification only allowing 12-15 seconds before timing out on the VPN client (AnyConnect). Timeout settings have already been set in the ASA to 60 seconds. When I authenticate on the VPN client, I receive notification, if more than 15 seconds has passed and I still hit "Approve," the VPN client tells me to authenticate again.

I am not seeing this when using Text or Phone methods. Thought this was on the Cisco ASA but I have tried this with a different VPN profile and different authentication method (NOT Microsoft Authenticator) in which the 60 seconds applies. Same configuration and all.

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas?

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:28 PM

All replies

• This seems similar to an issue we ran into although the symptoms for us also included multiple push notifications being sent to the device. 

The issue is a know bug on the ASA that last I heard Cisco has no intention on fixing.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCtt08204

Basically you have 10 seconds to complete the authentication before it will time out and send a retry.  We found the OTP works around this as you get an immediate reply asking for the code and that trips the counter.  Phone calls and push were a mess trying to work out the best experience/ work around.  The timeout settings you can change on the ASA didn't change the experience much although we did manage to get around 30 seconds to complete the push auth.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:42 PM