none
Apply custom theme to multiple subsites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I have a Classic UI wiki site with a large number of subsites.  I've created a new custom colour theme on my site collection and applied it to the top-level site.  However, I now want to apply this theme to all the subsites at the same time if this is possible?  I've had a look online and can see options for applying master pages and themes to subsites, but this only seems to be for publishing sites.

Is there a way to do this on wiki sites or am I going to have apply the theme manually to each subsite?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi gjayne,

You may be disappointed. Per my knowledge, for wiki subsites, you need to manually apply the theme to each subsite.

As you mentioned, the only method I can thought is to apply the master page and theme to subsites, but this only worked for publishing sites.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi gjayne,

You may be disappointed. Per my knowledge, for wiki subsites, you need to manually apply the theme to each subsite.

As you mentioned, the only method I can thought is to apply the master page and theme to subsites, but this only worked for publishing sites.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:59 AM
  • Thanks for confirming this Allen, I've now applied the themes manually.
    Monday, December 3, 2018 9:55 AM