Outlook, viewing calendars RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am wondering, is opening other peoples calendar in Exchange now supported on Outlook for Mac somehow?

Trying with our default settings does not work, it gives me this error message: You do not have permission to open this folder. Contact USER for permission. 

Our default policy is that you can view free/busy info on all employees, and this works exceptionally well on Windows clients

• Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:49 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Siilverpants,

According to my research, Outlook for Mac cannot open another user’s calendar when the user’s Calendar folder permission level is set to Free/Busy. This feature is available only in Outlook 2010 for Windows and higher.

To open a shared calendar in Outlook for Mac, the user must grant you permissions of Reviewer or higher.

Please refer to the following articles to set the right permission and check the result.

Open a shared Exchange calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac

Share your calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac

If you have more concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Sunday, March 4, 2018 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Siilverpants Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:54 PM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Siilverpants,

According to my research, Outlook for Mac cannot open another user’s calendar when the user’s Calendar folder permission level is set to Free/Busy. This feature is available only in Outlook 2010 for Windows and higher.

To open a shared calendar in Outlook for Mac, the user must grant you permissions of Reviewer or higher.

Please refer to the following articles to set the right permission and check the result.

Open a shared Exchange calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac

Share your calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac

If you have more concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Sunday, March 4, 2018 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Siilverpants Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:54 PM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Hi Siilverpants,

I'm writing to see if my reply is helpful to you.

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Friday, March 2, 2018 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Regards,

Perry

Sunday, March 4, 2018 3:16 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thank you very much for the response, i also have to apologise for my slow response.

Yes, it looks like this is the fix.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:55 PM