Can't archive items from search results - Outlook 365 Version 1808.... RRS feed

• Question

• Small annoyance here, but maybe a feature request. I love the archive feature for filing away issues I've completed, but the function doesn't seem to work if in search mode. For example, after finishing an issue, I might search for a keyword that will pull up every part of those conversations, but alas, archive doesn't work with those results sorted. 

Anyone else find this annoying, or maybe something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Patrick in Austin

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

According to my research, currently, there is no such a built-in option in Outlook to archive items in searching results.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook. What’s more, if an idea is high voted there by other customers, it is promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, September 28, 2018 7:48 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:07 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Just check if the information above is helpful to you.

If yes, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 7:49 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. If you have other questions, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 1, 2018 8:07 AM